help_outline Skip to main content
Shopping Cart
cancel

Society Information/Meetings

May 5th Members Meeting
Author Last Post

Membership Meeting Minutes

May 5, 2022


In attendance

Nick Adams, Chair

Jyelle Vogel, Treasurer 

Kyle Rankin, Director

Johnathan Jumper, Director

Brad Gerow, Director 

Dave Holley, Member 

Beth Scott, Member 

Sue Adams, Member

Bailey Finley, Member


Meeting Called to order: 18:09


Approval of April Meeting Minutes: Posted to late to review

Approve May Meeting Agenda:

Second By Beth

Approved 

Chair Report

Nick is overworked at the space

  • Need more people to step up and help around the space
  • Work is being done by core group of volunteers we need more engagement form others
  • Financial situation at the space is bad 





Treasurer Report

We are Broke 

Expenses are greater than our income coming in

Rent is $2750 per Month

Member count is 30

We need 50 members to break even currently


Nick, Sue, Brad and Bailey are looking for sponsors, there is some interest but no commitments yet

More sponsorships needed

-Brad will look into Windsor Plywood

-New Member Aiden could bring in sponsors

-Need to ensure we communicate who is talking to who so that we don’t go to the same -people and don’t say something that can’t be done

Workshops are potentially a good income source

Have interest from some groups that Kyle will follow up on

Need Volunteers!!

-We have a sever shortage

-Ideas are only as good as the means to implement them

-Social Media & meeting promotion only goes so far

-Zoom Fatigue

-Next meeting to be in person

-Food at next meeting after checking to see if allowed

-Maker Crepes? Talk to Jyelle 



Inter-Makerspace outreach promoted



Building Maintenance and Cleaning

  • Laps in cleaning
  • Majority of membership not pitching in with cleaning
  • Boiler upgrade/replacement
  • -no movement on replacement

New member Aiden has expertise & contact for potential donations (boiler tech)

Our Landlord has been good at giving us deals on rent with very heavy discounts 


Women’s night

  • First night is May 20th
  • Good interest
  • Needs access to Kamloops Makerspace social media
  • -Kyle to set Bailey up
  • Would like to have member with ability to set up new members available that night
  • Here are grants that Bailey wants to apply for
  • -Sue to help

-Need to print posters 

-File in forum, please print in colour


Expense Guideline revisited

See Guideline in Docs

Kyle made motion to pass

Brad Second

Passed Unanimously


Workshop Guidelines 

See Guideline in Docs

Amendment

-any one Board Director can approve

Nick made motion to pass

Brad Second

Passed Unanimously


Laser Abandonment Revisit

Johnathan working with John B to get set up for camera in fab shop & fob access

-equipment needed 

-DVR for security cam system

-Our current fob system allows for laser lockout


Saw stop

-Need to implement procedures 

-Discussed last month

  • Signage
  • Training 
  • Charging for triggered brake

Community

-Need to encourage more community

-More community events

  • Birthday parties
  • Potlucks
  • Game nights
  • Kyle could set up

-More excuses to have parties and events

-B.Y.O.B

Public or Members only

-Sky is falling party







Membership Recruitment


Canada day

  • Good Fund Raiser 
  • Pins
  • Various small prices items sell well
  • Take inventory of event bins
  • Pottery examples
  • Power at booth?
  • Kyle to follow up
  • Tent
  • Cheap to rent
  • Kyle has a small one
  • Brad has a 10x 20
  • Pamphlets need to be updated 
  • Johnathan to help with this


Meeting closed at 19:35











Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83552142835



Agenda

05 May 2022


Call to Order:

6:00


Approval of Agenda / New Items



Approval of Minutes


None


Reports:


Chair


Treasurer


Old Business:


Building Maintenance / Cleaning



  • Not being done
  • Boiler offer


Womens Night



Expenses Guideline




Workshops Guideline




Laser Abandonment


  • Camera Instalation



Saw Stop


  • Impementation
  • Cost Recovery
  • Engagement prevention


New Business


Canada Day


Comments and Announcements


Adjournment

Return to Forum